4/24/09

KD's condition

So Kadie Dawn has been in pain for a while...

Back in September of 08 her nanny (gma) took her to the dr for a sinus infection while i was out of pocket at work -

Kadie got her little sinus exam and then casually mentioned oh hey! I havent had a period in 9 months - should we be worried? (uh duhh yeah considering you have always been regular as clockwork)

They diagnosed her with PCOS and we followed up with my OB and he put her on the pill - to try to shrink them - the biggest one was the size of a small grapefruit - Wednesday she called because she was in a lot of pain and eventually it got so bad i had to take her to the emergency room - when they did the sono's - it showed that the one large one had grown 3 cm and there was a new one the size of the original one - plus about 6 others - that were relatively small -

We have surgery scheduled for Friday at 10 am - she was in quite a bit of pain this morning so i will need to go pick up her prescription for vicodin this afternoon and make sure she takes it as soon as i get home - and she will probably be asleep by 8 if she is anything like me - I have no tolerance for pain meds....

It is gonna be a long day at work so I will be around later gaters...

15 comments:

  1. Poor Kadie. SOUNDS painful. Wishing you guys the best of luck today. Oh wait...you must mean next Friday, right?

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well at least she gets vicodin,, that's good KD.. it's a white pill... i

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man. I hope she gets to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez...that really sucks. Mine were never that big but when one burst...holy shit! I feel for your girl...and she's so young.

    I'm hoping the surgery goes well and she's feeling better soon. You try to take it easy doll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ouch...poor kid...poor you!!! I hate it when the kids are hurting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, poor baby girl! And Mama too! So hard to see our kiddos in pain. Hoping everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor pumpkin! That sounds so painful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh hon, I'm praying for Kadie and you. Holding you in my heart hon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am thinking it was this past friday, so I just wanted to check in with you to see how Kadie was? and her momma? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry I have not been journaling much lately or had much chance to read and then we had grandma's funeral... the puppies were born and then I get over here finally to discover Kadie is having surgery... saying lotsa prayers!
    Lisa in KY

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope Kadie feels better soon! Poor Girl! :(

    Hope that the surgery goes well!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, update us on how all this is going with your Gal? Kay? Hope all is on the upside...

    ReplyDelete
  13. What Farmer*s Wife said ....

    I stopped by for an update to see how things were going. Hope all is well.

    I grabbed up your button as well & added you to my twitter. :)

    Happy Cinco De Mayo!!

    ReplyDelete

Holler at me! My kids do; so why shouldnt you? :)